The Client Focused Reforms (CFRs) require registrants and their representatives to resolve material conflicts in the best interest of their clients, conduct wholistic KYP duties and put their client’s interest first when making investment recommendations.
Key objectives of Client Focused Reforms
How InvestorCOM helps firms meet the CFRs
Best Interest Shelf Management & Monitoring | Rep KYP & Suitable Investment Recommendations | Document Disclosure & Recordkeeping
Assess, monitor and manage your product shelf for material change
InvestorCOM monitors industry data highlighting material changes on your product shelf enabling you to meet your CFR obligation.
ShelfMonitor generates alerts for material product changes within client holdings.
Alerts let you stay on top of changes to your shelf like never before.
- Comprehensive log of changes for multiple investment asset classes.
- Monitor shifts in fees, investment objectives, and more to ensure changes are in keeping with client expectations and product guidelines such as suitability, conflicts of interest, policies & procedures.
- Monitor product suitability characteristics to ensure changes are aligned with investor portfolios, expectations, and KYC requirements.
- Assess how products on your shelf stack up against peers by comparing cost, risk and return characteristics.
Available for dealers and advisors in French and English.
The Client Focused Reforms require registered reps to understand the securities (KYP) and consider a reasonable range of alternatives when making recommendations.
PeerCompare takes the guesswork out of KYP. It is an intuitive educational tool for advisors to understand product characteristics and compare reasonable product alternatives based on configurable investment criteria such as cost, risk and product category.
Investment dealers and advisors track and manage all KYP transactions and disclosures on the platform.
Seamlessly deliver comparisons of alternatives, investment recommendations, RDIs, Mutual Fund Facts, ETFs, Seg Funds, and more to clients electronically and at scale. Track when documentation was sent, received and opened, making the audit process simple and straightforward.
Available in French and English.
Make best interest account type recommendations
The Client Focused Reforms require advisors to compare different account types, their costs and benefits when making account recommendations.
AccountCompare provides a streamlined process that eliminates the complexities around making best interest account recommendations.
- Capture the rationale for account recommendations – client profile, suitability, assets, client needs and more.
- Our proprietary scoring methodology takes the guesswork out of determining best interest.
- Plain language summary of the recommendation and risk summary facilitates understanding.